Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Monday, March 1, 2010

Remo: Part 1

I know, I know….

It has been a long time since I’ve visited, and by now y’all are probably not even checking the blog, and I don’t blame you! I wish I could say I’ve been busy writing the next Great American Novel, but the truth is, I haven’t. I decided to take some time off from working on my novels, and worked with my sis, Marjorie, on a story for a picture book. We’ve actually gotten one done, and are well on the way to complete the second one.

In the meantime, I decided to (finally!) get around to remodeling my kitchen and master bath. When I bought the house I knew both would need remodeling, and now is the time.

Master Bath:

The bathroom is tiny - roughly 5 feet x 6 feet. Today, it contains a shower stall (the door fell off 3 years ago), a tiny vanity/sink, and the toilet. It is very claustrophobic. By moving the door to the center of the 6 foot wall, and making it a pocket door, my new bathroom will hold a tub, a linen closet, a larger vanity, the toilet, and not be nearly as claustrophobic!







The Kitchen:

The sink and d/w will remain (rather will come back to) where they are, the stove will lmove 90 degrees and be on the same wall as the r/f which will move to the left. The island will be replaced with a longer one, and the back wall (not shown here) will have two floor to ceiling cabinets with a built in buffet between them. I will use the same r/f, sink, and d/w, but am getting a new Viking 4 burner all gas stove.














My friend, Arlyn, taking the kick plate off the island so he can get it out the door. He removed all but two cabinets and took them and the stove to his place.












The two cabinets he left - the one that was over the stove and the kitchen sink cabinet.

The kitchen is very bare now, and echoes. Tomorrow, the remo crew will be here and move the r/f to the other room, remove the remaining cabinets, and the fun will begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment