Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Friday, March 5, 2010

Day 3 of the Remodel


The Emperor's New Door!

What? You can't see it? Shame! OK, it's only the frame for the bathroom pocket door. Construction-wise, that's about all that that got done yesterday.

I strained my back while tying my shoe yesterday (go figure!) and it's a good thing not a whole lot of photo ops happened as it wasn't easy to supervise the electricians.








The electricians spent most of the day either hiding or stringing wire. Now, while stringing wire may be exciting to the guy doing the stringing, and exciting to the home owner, it's not very exciting to the camera.,








Because the cabinets will cover the area where the kitchen light switches were, they got moved to the living room side of the door. It looks like a rats nest to me....

The electricians will be back this morning, as will a guy from the power company to turn off all my electricity (what? no computer? no tv? no hot coffee????!!!) for a few hours (gasp!). This will allow they guys to swap out my old circuit box for a new and updated (and also one to modern code) without the worry of being electrocuted. That's a good thing. I think the inspector will be by this afternoon, and once he blesses their work THEN the sheetrocking can begin. Hopefully, there wll be some more photo ops today.

No comments:

Post a Comment