Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Floor Men Cometh

The kitchen island needed to be moved out of the kitchen so the floor guys could put the flooring down. The glue needs to set for a couple of days. Bill had considered putting it in the entry, thinking it would just be for over night. So, we moved Grandmother's breakfront and some other stuff further into the living room and I now have about 12 inches to walk between the island (yellow top with stuff on it) and my 'kitchen' cart, and a wee bit less to get to the sofa. If company comes, there is NO place for them to sit, unless we go outside.

As you can see, it's tight! And, now, my stove hood is on top of the island. It's hard to believe that in just a few days, everything will be back to 'normal'. Oh, wait! Let me rephrase that. It's hard to believe that in just a few days I will have a new bathroom and a new kitchen in which to put all the stuff that is currently in the guest rooms, and the living room, and God only knows where else.

The good thing is, the end is in sight AND maybe, just maybe, I'll find that shoe box in which I so carefully packed away my Life at one point in time ;-)

OK, here is the kitchen floor without the island. Yes, it is BLUE. It will, of course, show all the dirt and dust that will blow in from the outside, and in this part of the world, well, what can I say. You know that shoe box I mentioned above? Well it contains not only my Life, but my Sanity.

But, wait until you see the red hood and red stove!






And here is my shower/tub surround. Alex will put in the back splash to the kitchen tomorrow (the floor guys will put in the floor in the bathroom tomorrow) and at some time, someone - maybe Alex, maybe not - will grout the tiles. This is white subway tile, and I asked for it to be put in like he did, including the one horizontal 'stripe'. All the blue things are spacers - unless it's tape. He will put in the backsplash for the vanity after the floor guys get the floor in and the vanity get's set in place.

Bill says it will all come together and I can still plan on my bath come Tuesday night. Well, seeing it will be believing it. (Call me a skeptic, but I spent too many years working, and seeing schedules slide to the right far more than slide to the left ;-)

Soon, I'm told, soon, and this madness will be over. Soon, I will have my house to myself, soon I'll be able to move back into it. Soon. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment