Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 2 of the Remodel

Lots of fun stuff today. My tub arrived - here it is, sitting in the street (actually, the parking strip) - a tub in a box! Fortunately, it wasn't left out there for too long. I mean, what would the neighbors think? (meow)














Marco came back today - I must have scared Vince off as he was nowhere to be seen. Here's Marco ripping some two by fours to make the frame for the tub wall.








Here's the bathroom with all the plumbing in place for the tub.











...and the hardworking plumbers, Mike and Ken who let me bug them with dumb questions, and take the pictures all day.









...and here it is! Ta Da!! Drum Roll Please!
My tub. Of course, it has to be connected, and the surrounds in, etc. before I can use it. Oh, and the switch box has to be moved to another wall, we can't just leave it hanging. A couple feet above the back of the tub (on the right side of the picture) is the tub control to turn the water on/off. The shower head and tub filler are at the the front of the tub (on the left side of the picture. Well, duhhhh)

The cats were much less skittish today than yesterday when they both disappeared into the netherlands. At this rate, by the time it's over, I'll have them applying for apprentice programs and maybe, just maybe, they can get jobs and help out around here!

The plumbers will be back tomorrow, as will the electricians. The gas fireplace insert will be installed on Monday, and they'll move the line for the stove at the same time. I probably won't use the f/p much now until fall, but it will be nice to have in case we have a cold spell. Since the trees, etc. are budding out, I really hope we don't have a serious freeze - it would be devastating to our farmers.

I think Bill said the sheetrocking would begin tomorrow, but I'm not positive. I think the electrician, etc. has to be finished doing his thing first. The cabinets will be here on the 11th, and once they're in, then the flooring. Someplace after the sheetrocking and before the cabinets, I get to paint;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment