Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Killer in the House!

This is Tom. He is about to realize my worstest fears. Tom is cutting the Formica for my cabinet tops. Uh, Tom, the tops are wider than 2 inches. Honest. Trust me.








Oh, of course, the strips are for the edges. The big pieces are for the tops. How silly of me!










While Tom was here in the morning, Neil, the plumber came to remove the clog in the sewer line again. While here he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. In the meantime, Neil left, Tom left, Neil returned, Tom returned...the tops are all down now, but not all trimmed. I was in hopes the blue would be light enough, but, alas, it reflects on the yellow, and is giving a slightly greenish cast to my beautiful yellow formica. Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhh!!!!


However, Neil's offer I couldn't refuse is now here, squinty from sleep and not overly happy at being set down to take her picture! Her name is BeBe, but I call her killer. She is 4 years old, about 4 pounds, and very, very quiet. She is a lap dog not a yap dog as a friend of mine calls them. But she has the cats cowed. Well, Tash isn't cowed, she's just disgusted I brought yet another dog into the house. Julian, however, throws a real hissing fit every time he sees her! Killer ignores the cats-she's used to cats. Tashiko was raised by larger dogs than Killer. Julian was not raised around dogs and just doesn't understand why anyone would willingly have one in the house!

Ah, life! Ain't it Grand????

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you got another dog.
    I cannot believe you would do that to your cats.
    I cannot believe you would call "Bebe"...Killer.
    I....sputter, sputter, sputter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND I'm going to get a BEWARE OF DOG sign for the front! One with a pit bull on it if possible.

    The cats won't sit in my lap, they will barely be friendly unless they're hungry. Tashi was raised by dogs 3x the size of Killer, she's not in the least cowed. Julian is just, well, confused. Killer ignores both of them.

    She is a sweet little dog, and very quiet and just wants to curl up in a lap.

    ReplyDelete