Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Quilts

Yesterday was a tad cooler, and today is supposed to be in the 80s. I can deal with that. I can even enjoy that. There is a slight chance we’ll have water falling from the sky today, a larger chance it will happen tomorrow. Either way is fine with me.

For fun, I came up with a writer’s prompt, which I sent to some of my writerly friends, and then wrote my own story. Perhaps you’d like to write your story (no need to share unless you really want to;-). The prompt: The cats are always barfing up hairballs and other weird things, so when I saw…. This is the first sentence of your story, so when you finish the sentence, finish the story. The important thing is: have phun!

Yesterday’s Gratefuls:

1. My sister of choice, Nancy—and the unexpected “Christmas” package I received in the mail from her! Christmas in August is better than Christmas in July. Honest. Trust me.
2. Duotrope.com—the best (at least that I’ve seen) search engine for markets for stories and poetry
3. Friends like Judy. She shared her apricot bounty, again.
4. Canned beans. Oh, how nice that I didn’t have to stand over a stove for hours cooking beans last night.
5. Plastic wrapped chicken in the grocery store. How delightful I can buy what I want, and not have to waste so much chicken.

Yesterday’s Wonderment:

The imagination of fabric artists who can design a print that fabric companies will buy and produce and then sell to people like me. The wonderful imagination of quilt designers who can design a quilt, make the quilt, and write instructions easy enough even I can follow to make a quilt.

My quilt: My Prince

Luke's Quilt - he picked out the fabrics, Grandma made the quilt

No comments:

Post a Comment