Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Friday, August 7, 2009

A little wind, a little rain…

Ah, the weather cooled down a tad yesterday. About 7pm it actually began to rain a wee bit. Of course, I sat in a restaurant enjoying dinner with my gal pals, and didn’t notice until I left that my car window was down about 4 inches. Fortunately, the rain remained gentle until I could get it rolled up.

I admit, it was very nice to come home and open the doors to get some fresh, and cooler air into the house. And as I stretched out on my bed, listen to the wind play the cedar tree outside my window like a flute. Now that was a lullaby!

Yesterday’s gratefuls:

1. Cooler temperatures

2. Gentle rain

3. Gal pals with whom to share a nice meal and great conversation

4. A quilting foot for my sewing machine

5. Nice breeze

Yesterday’s wonderment:

Standing on the walkway by the Ice Harbor Brew Pub watching the water birds swim in the Columbia River, and following the clouds as they swam under and around the birds. Or did the birds swim over and through the fallen clouds? And marveling at how clean and fresh the air felt and smelled. Again, I am so grateful I live I live here.

So, we had a little wind here, last night. On Friday the 13th of August 2004, when I lived in Florida, we had a lot of wind, winds at 155 mph, actually, and this was my pool during the eye of Hurricane Charley.


And this was one of many little frogs that visited me regularly while I lived in Florida. I do miss the wild life of Florida, and the thunderstorms, but not the hurricanes or the humidity! Those I don’t miss at all, thank you very much!

1 comment:

  1. Gentle rains are always so nice! We had a gentle rain down here last night as well, and I enjoyed walking in it on my way to the movie theatre. Sometimes the rain that falls here is not so gentle, and therefore not so pleasant to walk in; but still pleasant to listen to and watch!

    Sadly, the only froggies/toads I have seen have been the dried up ones on the side of the road; they come out after a few days of rain, then dry up in the horrid summer heat/sun. Lizards, we have lots of little lizards, I should try to capture some on camera.

    I too am grateful for gentle rain and cooler temperatures; they make it easier to bear the monotony of humid afternoons.

    S

    ReplyDelete