Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Promises, Promises

So much for my resolutions! Yesterday was another scorcher here, and I, being a creature of habit lost all semblance of sanity when my morning routine changed. Instead of getting up and spending the morning waking at a leisurely pace with coffee and email and some writing, I got up, grabbed a quick cuppa, showered, dressed, and headed out the gate to run errands before the heat settled in. I succeeded, but then, of course, my day was shot,.

First off, I stopped at Home Depot to look at freezers. They had a small selection of both freezers and salespersons (none of the latter in sight!) So, I stopped by my car, picked up my book and coffee mug, walked across their parking lot to the drug store where I picked up my Rx, then across their parking lot to Starbucks. The heat was already building, but a nice breeze was a blowing, so I sat outside where I read my book, drank my coffee, and smiled at everyone who passed. I even doled out a compliment or two.,

With most of my coffee gone, I headed back out to finish my errands--the last being at Lowe's where they not only had a better selection of freezers, but a much better selection of sales persons! I bought the freezer (free and next day delivery, it's due in a while) and a few other things I needed, and came home.

Aaron and I then rearranged my room, and I somehow managed to waste most of the day doing such important stuff I forgot what....

Grateful List:

1. All the smiles I collected yesterday
2. Lowe's and their free next day delivery
3. Young son and his strong muscles
4. Being retired
5. Being happy being me

Yesterday's Wonderment

There is a scene I just love, and every time I see it, I'm ever more grateful I live here, in Kennewick. While driving out Clearwater (one of our main drags) there is a section that is mostly vacant, and one can see the hills. I think I'll never tire of looking at our hills. They look like they are covered in velvet that changes color with the seasons and the light--greens in the spring then yellows and then browns. They are covered in sagebrush, or wheat, or maybe orchards or vineyards, depending on where one looks--and who owns the property. I love sagebrush. I love the color, the bush, and the smell, unlike Narcissa Whitman who found them singularly ugly, both in appearance and in smell. Proof positive, Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder!

This is a 'close up' from one of the hills. Trees only grow where there is water, otherwise it is grass and sagebrush. This grass is, I think, rye; there are clumps of sagebrush between it and the trees--the gray-green stuff.



A shot of the hills from the top of one of them. These are the Horse Heaven Hills to the south of the Tri Cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment