Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Saturday, August 1, 2009

New Post, New Brag

So, I'm still waiting for my books to arrive. I tell you, this is worse than waiting for a baby to be born! And, believe me, I understand that wait, having two kids that were (1) 14 and (2) 10 days overdue!

OK, enough whining - as Tyree says, we're "waiting as fast as we can," and they'll get here when they get here. Besides, at 109 degrees outside at 4pm on Saturday 1 August, it's too hot to whine -- or wait any faster ;-)

In the meantime, back when I first started writing, I wrote a story for the older kidlets, called A House Dying - a real space opera, with a 15-year old heroine who single handedly saves the generation ship on which she and her family, and everyone else she knows, are traveling. I thought it a good story, but it was too long for kid magazines, and too young for adult magazines. I put it away, and hauled it out a few months ago, did a bit of updating and polishing, and submitted it to Beyond Centauri magazine. Tyree Campbell, the Managing Editor of Sam's Dot Publishing which publishes Beyond Centauri (as well as other magazines and novels) loved it, bought it, and today my contributor's copy of the July 2009 issue arrived. Not only was my story mentioned on the cover, it is the lead story. And ya sure ya betcha, I'M BRAGGING!

If you're interested in reading the story, you can order the magazine at: http://www.genremall.com/zinesr.htm#beyondcentauri


This is a kid friendly magazine - there might be EG (eeewww gross!!) content, but no gratuitous sex or violence. It's great fun for kids of all ages! Buy it, you'll like it!

1 comment:

  1. Lenora: front page/lead story is so Cool, says I melting here in Kennewick along with you in the 10_whatever temp! Congratulations are definitely in order, and bragging rights are yours. Your fan (OK, pun intended)...\
    Dame Judith

    ReplyDelete