Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's Here! It's Here! Brother Rat is Here!


I am sooooo excited! My novel, My Adventures as Brother Rat has finally made it into print, and my copies arrived yesterday afternoon. This has been a long time coming. I wrote the original short story some 25 years ago, and folks kept telling me it was really a novel, and, well… they were right. I just had to retire to see it. And write it. And re-write it several times!


It was bought and published by a small independent publisher, Sam’s Dot Publishing in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. You won’t find it in your favorite bookstore, but if you want a copy, you can order it from http://www.genremall.com/fictionr.htm#brotherrat or, if you want a signed copy, email me at: lenoragood@charter.net. The price is the same - $10.00 for the book plus $4.00 shipping and handling for a total of $14.00.


Of course, I’m biased; I think the book is worth $14.00.


My Gratefuls:

1. Brother Rat is here

2. Brother Rat is here

3. Brother Rat is here

4. Brother Rat is here

5. Brother Rat is here


My Wonderment:

After waiting and waiting and waiting BROTHER RAT IS HERE!


I’ll try to be a tad more serious in later posts, but right now, I’m just flying way too high on natural endorphins!


For those of you who aren’t familiar with the story, Brother Rat is a young woman who was orphaned as a young child. She was taken in by the Healer to the King of Wu and wanted only to become a Healer, but after a series of dreams, she must become a Warrior and takes the name of Brother Rat. The story takes place during the Warring States period of Ancient China, when Yueh invades Wu. It is being marketed as a Young Adult novel because there is no gratuitous sex or violence. There is violence, but it is not glorified—the message being that war sucks bilge water and should be avoided when possible. Unfortunately, it is not always possible.

2 comments:

  1. Heya Author-lady!!

    Very proud of you; well done!!

    ummm who says you have to be serious in any posts? This is your lil corner of the web to decorate as you see fit:D I think you should have posted after your congratulatory glass(es) of wine haha!

    I am looking forward to reading your novel!

    a couple of my gratefuls:
    -that Brother Rat is in finally in Moms hands :)
    -a roof over my head
    -dogs, mainly Jack-the-Pillow-Killer, who make me laugh
    -good smelling flowers
    -pretty flowers

    Congrats again, Mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post, and your list of gratefuls!

    Much love, Mom....

    ReplyDelete