Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Joy of Clouds

Yesterday was more of the same—hot! My friend, Judy, and I went to dinner then to our writer’s group, the Tri City Writers (aka Round Table Writers). After dropping Judy off at her home, I came back to mine, and collapsed on my bed and actually slept all night. That may not sound like a big thing to most of you, but to a long time insomniac, it’s a big thing to me.


Today, Aaron and I head back over to Judy’s to pick more of her ripe apricots, which I will wash, pit, quarter, and freeze in quart bags. Then next month when it is cooler, two of my sisters of choice will come over from Seattle bringing whatever fruit they have, and we will have our jamming session in my kitchen. Last year, in 3 days we put up 240 jars of jams, chutneys, butters, and plum ketchup, which is wonderful!


Yesterday’s Gratitude’s:

1. Joy and her restaurant, Phukett Thai. (She makes the best Thai food ever!)

2. The Tri City Writers

3. Lowe’s and their next day free delivery and set up

4. My Sisters of Choice (SOCs)

5. Friends like Judy who shares her bounty of apricots.


Yesterday’s Wonderment:

The clouds, as they moved in and roiled and churned above us, filtered the sun and cast interesting and beautiful shadows. There was, for a time, hope of showers; if anyone got rained on, it wasn’t us.


Clouds with contrail

Clouds fallen into river

2 comments:

  1. I concur, watching clouds do their sky dance is a wonderful thing! I like your pic of the 'clouds fallen into river.' I too sit and watch clouds do their cumulus thing; with it being monsoon season here I am privileged to see some wonderful activity some days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Someone is reading my blog AND posting comments. Many grasses, Sonja. (is this where I put in the bit about how I know Sonja, that she is very important to me, and I stopped just short of physical abuse to get her to post a comment? Is this where I own up that she is my most favoritest daughter? (The fact that she's my only daughter helps, eh?)

    ReplyDelete