Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Thousand Strips of Sunshine


For those of you who are fans of all things African, a friend of mine has returned to Kenya for the first time in 33 years, and is blogging the visit. It is fascinating:  http://basandjo.blogspot.com/

Happy Tuesday!

The reason there was no post yesterday is because I was working on the quilt top at the right. (I'm trying to post something at least weekly, and on Mondays - just so any of you who are still out there will know ;-)

My living room faces west, and only gets the afternoon sun, and in the winter, it isn't a lot. I found this quilt pattern in a catalog, rushed down to my favorite quilt store (Stitch n Bug for you who are local to the Tri Cities of Washington) and, well, I've been busy for the last few days.

As you can tell, the quilt is bright, cheery, and when finished will be just perfect to snuggle under while reading or watching tv/movies.

Next project? Why, another quilt, of course, but one in blues, greens and yellows, if I'm remember correctly. But
not one of a thousand stripes.

Also, getting ready for the Jam Session when my two SOCs come over from Seattle and we spend a hectic three days making jams! That takes lots of naps (need those quilts) both in preparation for and recouping from the week end;-)

My Gratefuls:
*Good friends who are my Family of Choice
*Patient ladies who taught me to quilt
*Good water to drink and use that hasn't been privatized
*Shelves full of books
*A camera I may some day learn to use!

What I'm Reading Right Now:
*Richard Wehterill: Anasazi
Yes, I'm still reading it, but I'm more than half-way through

What I'm Working On:
*The Veiled Healer, a short story rejected by a magazine where the editor was kind enough to tell me where the story is broken.
*Jibutu and the Mage, a novel on which I am about to begin major revision.

And, remember, if you liked Brother Rat, you will really like Jiang Li! Honest. Trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment