Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Friday, September 24, 2010

All Bread

Aaron and I went to Spokane WA the other day, and on the way home stopped off at a Rest Area. I looked over, and saw a photo op.  It reminded me of the poem, All Bread by Margaret Atwood. The third stanza of the poem begins: "Good bread has the salt taste / of your hands after nine / strokes of the axe..."

All Bread has been one of my favorite poems since I first read it many years ago. I hope she doesn't mind that I've quoted some of it here, without her permission.

Fall has for sure fell in our area. We've had gray days, rainy days, blustery days, and now a sunny day. According to the weather people, we will have a few more sunny and warm days, but not like summer. The other night we had a marvelous thunder storm, with slow rolling thunder and fast paced lightning. Unfortunately, the weather people refuse to schedule these storms between 7-10pm so I can enjoy them!

My Gratefuls:
•Four seasons
•Programmable sprinkler systems
•The ability to think of 'what if...?'
•Publishers who still believe in publishing good books
•Publishers who don't print everything in hardback!

What I'm Reading:
Destiny Disrupted - A History of the World Through Islamic Eyes --by Tamim Ansary
     This is the third book on my bed at the moment. I'm still reading the bio of Richard 'Anasazi' Wetherill, as well as West Into the Night by Beryl Markham

Quote for this post:
"Personal beliefs are unarguable, even if the other side has all the facts." --Sheri S. Tepper

2 comments:

  1. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post. I will visit your blog regularly for Some latest post. buy dvd grace and frankie season 3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much. buy dvd the punisher season 1

    ReplyDelete