Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Monday, May 3, 2010

Windy, windy...

You know the old saw, "It never rains but what it pours"? Well, in the tri-cities, it never breezes but what it blows!

First off this morning (Monday) I had to get dressed, etc. then call AAA as Suvie's battery was deader than a door nail (is that deader than a dead nail?). Anyhow, I called AAA and they said someone would be out within an hour. No sooner had I hung up the phone when it rang, and it was the carpet folks. They were trying to find my house so they could fix/repair the carpet from the new door installation in my bathroom. They finally found my house, stunk it up with their hot glue. The AAA guy came, and got the battery jumped, told me to back Suvie out of the garage and let her run for about 25-30 minutes to get the battery charged. Well, that's fine -- but also illegal unless I'm going to sit in it that long. Not bloody well likely!

So, the AAA guy left, the carpet guys left, and I headed over to Sacajawea State Park to see what kind of photo ops might be available. Is it possible to photograph wind?

I managed to get a couple shots of the fence as it was on it's way down. The wind was so strong I could barely stand in it. As soon as I took these shots and walked back to shelter, the fence went down. I did NOT go back out for shots of a horizontal fence! Dear readers, you are invaluable to my life, but....

Maya Lin, who some of you may know as the designer of the Viet Name Memorial in the other Washington (DC) designed an installation for the park. The horizontal fence is, or rather was, around it. This is part of the installation. I don't know if you can get the picture enlarged enough to read the words but they are in Native American and English - "...Baskets", "... Wool Blankets", "... Bison Robes", "... Pigments". I didn't try for the Native words as I don't have all the letters, etc. I'm not sure what wll cover the circle, but there are several circles, and each one will be a different story, that runs along the bottom.

Of course, while I was at the park, there was nothing but wind and clouds. Now that I am home, there is wind and sunshine. Sigh.

I will be leaving on Friday morning, as early as I can drag my limbs from bed, and heading to New Mexico to visit my Sister of Choice, Kitty, and to collect Sonja (my daughter) and bring her back with me, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before I am able to post another entry. I am still trying to decide whether or not to take my laptop with me.

So, if there is no posting, know it's because I am travelling, and not intentionally ignoring any of you ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment