Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Saturday, May 22, 2010

...New Mexico &...

So, after a fine treat at the Boche del Apache Bird Sanctuary, we came back, and I settled down on the patio in a comfortable chair chugging soda and ice water, and enjoying the wonderful show of hummingbirds that came to Roxie's feeders.

Roxie (Sonja's friend and 'landlady') also had a horse and 3 burros, all of whom were too curious to meet me and my camera to get any good photos. But the hummingbirds just wanted their sugar water!





Some of the little guys actually landed to feed. Most of those had their backs to me.











Oh, yes, Sonja did pack Suvie Star Car! She packed and packed, and when it was done, we went to bed. Then she got up at 2 in the morning and took everything out and packed it all over again! How much stuff can you get in a Subaru Forrester? This much...with a wee bit left over.

From the back hatch....





From the back door, looking across the car....
















And Sonja holding more stuff!

No, she didn't have to hold it all the way home. We stopped at the post office and mailed it.

Sonja generously offered to drive home. She said I drove all the way to get her, she'd drive home. I figured we'd swap every couple of hours, but she really likes to drive, is a good driver, and bless her, she drove all the way from the post office!

Next stop, Chaco Canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment