Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Saturday, April 3, 2010

It Works!!!

What's the old saying? Something about Red Stove at night, Cook's delight...?

Well, the stove was checked out by the stove adjuster, a couple wee adjustments made, then the ceiling was repainted white (you can see a bit of blue over the hood), then the fan on the roof was connected to the hood in the house, and I can now cook! Once I relearn how ;-)

A happy coinkydink is my red pot rack matches the stove, as does the red timer (far right on the hood).

Monday they will finish up - a piece of wood that matches the cabinets will go above the hood, the window will be framed in, and little touch ups, etc. At least, I hope they finish up on Monday.

I don't know what the 'grates' over the burners are made of, but they cool down pretty fast, unlike my other stove. By the time I ate dinner last night, they were cool enough to handle so I could clean up. When the adjuster came out to be sure all was proper, he also told me Emeril Lagasse uses Viking ranges. But, I bet Emeril's aren't red!

A friend of Vince's came by yesterday to see the work in progress. He is a Home Stylist (ie, interior designer). He just came back from a dealer's show in 'Vegas and was telling Vince about how color is finally coming back in style and Vince told him about the job he was working on and how colorful it was. So, Jarrod came by to have a look see. He loved it! He will come back when it's done and the mess is cleaned up;-)

When all the touch ups are finished, etc., I'll put pictures up of the Before and the After.

Y'all have a Happy Easter and a Marvelous Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment