Coming Soon!

Jiang Li, Warrior Woman of Yueh is the companion novella to My Adventures As Brother Rat. Jiang Li is now available; for a signed copy, please contact me via my website Contact Me button. Price is $7.00 plus s/h of $2.20 for envelope and postage, or $4.90 for Priority Mail (6 copies will fit in a Priority Mail envelope).

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Wet Toe


As many of you know, my friend, Kay, and I like to travel, and we are getting ready for the Mother of All Road trips next month. In light of this trip, I thought I should see how gracefully I can dip the big toe of my right foot into the waters of Blogging. If this works, it will be a way for you to follow our trip as we circumnavigate the US, with trips into Canada.

Since the title of today's entry is Wet Toe, I thought it only fitting to share some photos of our last road trip, just last month, down to the Oregon Coast, where, indeed, I did get not only a wet toe, but several wet toes.

So, this is my inital foray into the blogosphere, enjoy.... Because I'm still feeling my way around
and trying to figure out how to do things, the picture of the antelope, above (I hope) was taken
on my way home, on the way to Mt. Vernon, Oregon.

The pictures below, were taken on the Oregon Coast. We stayed at The Windermere, in Bandon, OR - an old motel with upgrades, and easy access to-from the beach. If I can figure out how to get the type next to, instead of above the photos.....



The photo to the far right is, obviously, sunset, with a fishing trawler headed into view. I have NO idea how I got the squared off sun, unless it had something to do with the moisture in the air? The photo below is dawn over the Pacific, with the moon still showing.
We were at the beach in January, for 5 days and 4 nights, and could not have received better weather had we asked for it. The days were in the 60s, the ocean was so calm it appeared made of glass. Except for the few places we visited with rocky shores, the breakers crashing onto the beach seemed almost apologetic for disturbing the quiet. What fog we saw stayed way out on the horizon, and every night we were regaled with spectacular sunsets.
We went to visit our friend, Bud, at The Healing Labyrinth. As we pulled into his driveway, we noticed this little guy reading, and obeying, the Stop sign. Needless to say, we, too, stopped, and took several pictures. There were three little guys that stood around and posed for us for quite a while, not at all shy. Which is too bad, because they aren't overly bright animals, and don't realize cars are bigger than they are!


The little guy to the right is a napping String Theory, or, if you prefer, a napping Sea Dragon.

We walked the beaches every day, and each time found new 'treasures'. I found a whole sand dollar, and when I turned it over, discovered it was still alive, so took it out and placed it in the water (that's when my toes got wet) in the hopes a gull wouldn't find him first.

So, this ends my first attempt at blogging. I hope you found it of interest, and not too confusing. At least not as confusing as I did in trying to create it. The directions are actually fairly simple - I'm just more so. Simple, that is.

Stay tuned for updates on our trip, the publishing of my novel, and whatever tidbits I dredge up and think I oughta share.

Lenora






5 comments:

  1. Hooray! You did it! Actually, it looks easy, though I'm sure there are a thousand new and innovative ways to dip a toe into the waters and end up over your head.

    Blogging about your experiences with the impending publication of Brother Rat will be good information for all us wannabe authors.

    LOVE the photos!

    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Your "String Theory / Napping Dragon looks far too much like a sulking python for my comfort.

    Just thought I'd mention it.

    m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Wet Toes Blogger: You're in business, and we--your armchair traveling companions--are "following" your every stop and viewing every sight, thanks to this Kool Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Lenora!!! Now we can both keep up with the other when one of us is traveling.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurray for road trips!! -jeanne b.

    ReplyDelete